P2

 Soft Drink Cross Media Advertising Campaign

Introduction

In this document I will talk about all the planning documents I have used to create my energy drink can and brand. I will go into detail on why I made specific decisions and why and how I was influenced to make certain decisions. I intend for my brand to have a fresh, healthy style to it and you will be able to infer that from how I have used pre-production documents to plan my can. 

Mood board


I started off with a mood board with successful soft drink advertisements. I did this as a part of my initial market research to discover more information about the soft drink market and how other brands advertise their products. I purposely chose adverts that may be a similar design to the advertisement I am planning to make or adverts I could take slight inspiration of. It is clear from the collection of images on my mood board that I am planning to create a colourful and fresh looking advertisement and that is why I selected images of drink ads that had colourful and vibrant colours; it conveys a positive and friendly atmosphere and can also be effectively used to portray the drink as healthy. 



This is another mood board I made to formulate ideas on colour schemes, fonts, and general designs or styles I want to implement into my energy drink. This mood board consists of bright and pastel colours, the font I want to use for my brand and fresh imagery like fruit because I want my brand to feel fresh, clean and healthy. There is also a font that I may potentially use for my work, I believe the font perfectly portrays the style I want to have for my can because it is clear, but cute and fits the fresh theme I'm going for since it has berries on either side of the text. 



Storyboard





This is the storyboard I drew to display my ideas for the TV advert for my drink 'Lotus' . I'm planning to make a stop motion film with paper/card which is the background display. While these cards are moving or changing to display something different, the can will remain in the centre however it will turn 360 degrees whenever a card is taken out of frame behind it to connote how quickly the cards are moving in the background and also makes the advertisement look more flashy and less brand. 


Diagrams for Social Media/Print Advertisements









These are two advertisements I have for both a social media advertisement (Instagram) and a print advertisement. Both drawings are just simple drafts and would be completed in greater detail in the future. This is just a first plan and a visual diagram of what my advertisements may look like in the future. Later on in the process, they may be subject to change and be more precise, this is just a first draft. 


Can Design



This is my can design. I decided to change the name of the brand from 'Fresko' to 'Lotus' since it was more fitting for the logo; because of this change, I decided to change the font to synergise more with the new brand my can reflects. It still has a pastel, bright design with healthy connotations however it is less centered around berries and more about Lotus' and plants. They are both similar ideas which is why it was not a drastic change however I thought it was a necessary change so that my logo and brand name would match each other and portray the bright, healthy brand. 














Proposal

In this proposal I will discuss why and how this product and all of the pre-production documents I have used for this project fit the brief I was given. I will discuss the message the product puts forward, the target audience and my approach.

Target Audience

Firstly, I will begin with target audience, what the target audience for this product is and how the product is designed to cater towards said target audience. The target age I chose for this brief is 16 - 30, I chose this age range because the drink is an energy drink, therefore I cannot target the drink to anybody under the age of 16 because they would not be able to buy the drink in the UK and I capped the age range at 30 because I catered the drink towards teens and young adults specifically. I believe the can is effective at targeting people age 16-30 because it has bright colours and a unique design, not many canned energy drinks on shelves in the UK have bright, pastel colours and a cute design. I would say the can is catered more towards females than males due to the large amount of pastel pink on the can which is a colour associated with females however it is not strictly for females as it could still interest males, the can still has blue and green on which could intrigue males although I do believe it is more targeted towards females in general. 

My Message

My message for this product is to advertise an energy drink that is a little different from the rest of the drinks on the shelves like Monster or Rockstar; I want to create a drink that is more inviting and less violent than the brands previously mentioned which is why I used pastel and bright colours to create my can because they it makes the drink look sweet, friendly and like it has a lot of flavour. A softer and positive message is what I'm trying to portray and that is why I designed the can with a fresh feel and plant like logo. 

My Approach

To be able to portray my intended message I had to ensure the can and the advertisements would cater towards the target audience. My approach was to create a friendly, fresh and healthy looking drink so that it would cater towards young adults, specifically females,  who want a healthier, nicer looking alternative to energy drinks like Monster. That is why I used bright colours and created a fresh and plant looking design. I chose the slogan 'Let your mind bloom' because it fits very well with the Lotus brand name and logo because Lotus' bloom therefore it makes the brand look professional and put together as all these aspects link together well. Furthermore, the slogan helps support the message I'm trying to portray which is that the drink is friendly and natural. 

Project Plan




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

P1: Describe the different radio industry operations

Unit 15 D1: Compare and Contrast Approaches