P4 Radio

 

P4 My Radio Show

Introduction

This report will include all the planning and pre-production documents for my radio show for Unit 14. I will thoroughly discuss my proposal for my radio show and elaborate on what my idea is and how I will execute my idea. I will include the documents to evidence how I have made preparations to make a professional radio show. 

Proposal

My radio show is about Doncaster heritage, the specific episode I will be airing is about airplanes and aviation and is based in South Yorkshire. The purpose of my show is to entertain and inform, my radio show will be entertaining to people who are interested in aviation however I understand how this is a niche topic and therefore it will not be entertaining to a mass audience, therefore it will also be informative because I will discuss interesting aviation topics in the local area like the Doncaster Sheffield Airport closing down and I can inform audiences about the details of this situation. Over the course of my show, I can mention Doncaster Sheffield Airport (formerly Robin Hood Airport) and the discourse surrounding its recent closing. I believe this is a good topic to talk about as Doncaster has a lot of aviation news and therefore there is a lot of information to go over in my show.  Furthermore, I could mention the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum which is in Doncaster and the aviation history in Doncaster in general.

The target audience for my radio show is people aged 40 – 80, my radio show is targeted towards middle-aged adults or elderly people because my show is about the history of Doncaster which older people are usually more interested in due to it being nostalgic to them, however this episode also has a secondary target audience of people who are interested in aviation. This secondary target audience can be people of any age. However, more adults have an interest in aviation than teenagers therefore my target audience of people aged 40-80 is accurate. Furthermore, my target audience is both genders however I believe that my audience will be predominantly male as males take up a large proportion of the aviation community. For geographics, my radio show will be targeted towards people who live in South Yorkshire, specifically Doncaster or Sheffield, due to the topics I will be talking about being based in Doncaster. My target audience is not targeted towards specific demographics like ethnicity or sexuality as anybody from any ethnicity or any sexuality can listen to my radio show if they want to as my conversation topics will not cater towards a specific sexuality or race.

There is a lot of different pieces of equipment that would be beneficial to use for my radio show. Although I have no budget for my radio show I have still considered the equipment I would spend my budget on if I had one. Firstly, I would purchase a microphone as I believe this is an imperative piece of equipment to make your radio show sound professional; I would also buy a headset to go along with this. I would also require a mixing console to keep track of all the different pieces of audio involved in my radio show. I am the only personnel contributing towards my radio show, therefore I am responsible for all pre-production documents, the production of the radio show and the pre-production. To create awareness about my show, I would spend a portion of my budget on advertising and sponsorships, this is beneficial because it informs more people about my radio program and also means my show makes more of a profit by sponsoring a company during the shows air time. 



Planning Documents

Risk Assessment

A risk assessment is an imperative pre-production document because it is very important that I consider all the possible risks that come with creating my radio show, and by creating a risk assessment I am providing ways to deal with these risks and prevent them to ensure that the production of my radio program is as safe and professional as possible.

 Production Schedule









This is the production schedule for my radio show. This pre-production document is imperative due to how helpful it is for saving time and remaining organised. A production schedule assists me as I can track how long it should take me to complete each task in order to remain on track, I know how much time I can spend on each task and I know which order I should complete them in to have the most effective and efficient pre-production stage, production stage and post-production stage. 

Mind Map



































Conventions of a Radio Advert

      ·         Information.
·         Narration – A variety of tones.
·         15 – 60 seconds.
·         Stock music.
·         Jingle.
·         Sound effects.
·         Have a clear target audience.
·         Persuasive language.
·         A clear message.

My advert is going to be a Ryanair advert, promoting their airline and their low costs. I will need a microphone and a recording device/computer to record my advert on.


Advert Script


This is the script for the Ryanair advert that will be featured in my radio script. It is imperative that my radio program includes an advert as this is a standard convention of a radio program. It is also a sponsorship so it means my radio program will earn more money by including a sponsor and designating time in the program to advertise this company. 

Radio Script



This is the whole script for my radio show, it includes the dialogue from me (the presenter), two call ins and information on when the jingles and the advert take place. Reading this script will inform somebody on exactly how my radio show will plan out and the order it does this in. A script is a very helpful pre-production document as it assists me for multiple different reasons. Firstly, it allows me to know what to say and I can read it while recording my radio show to limit the amount of mistakes I make when recording. However, I may not follow the script exactly how it is written as I may decide to say different dialogue in the moment which If I believe it to sound more natural. Secondly, it helps me with the structure of the radio show and allows me to be aware of how the radio show will unfold so I do not forget and I can plan around this. 

Asset Table



This is the asset table pre-production document that I created for my radio show. This table displays my different audio files, the sizes of them, where I got them from and if they are copyright free. This table is important as it is a log for all my audio files and all the necessary information about each file.

Bibliography



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 15 D1: Compare and Contrast Approaches

P1: Describe the different radio industry operations

P1 - CDM