Unit 15 M2 Legal, Ethical and Moral Issues

 Introduction

In this report I will discuss the legal, ethical and moral issues that I need to consider when creating my audio visual promo and how I will ensure that my audio visual promo does not contain any of these issues. Furthermore, I will explain the risks involved in creating my audio visual promo and speak about regulatory bodies. 

Legal Issues

Legal issues are extremely important and it is imperative that I consider what legal issues may be a problem when creating my audio visual promo and how I can avoid these to make an effective yet lawful promo. The first legal issue that I have considered is the filming location and the issues that surround that; I have to decide where I am filming and depending on where I choose to film means I have to consider different legal issues. If I decide to film my audio visual promo with my group in a public area, we have to contact the council and ask for permission to film in the location, this is important because otherwise we could be filming on a place that is prohibited to film on and this could cause problems for the production stage of the promo. Secondly, if we decide to film on private property, we have to research who owns the property and then contact them to ask for permission to film on their location, if we did not ask for permission that means the owner of the property could contact the authorities and this would completely shut down the creation of our audio visual promo, this is why it is important we ask for permission beforehand and because it is the morally correct thing to do. 

Another legal issue that could be a potential problem when filming my audio visual promo is filming people and members of the public that are not a part of our advertisement. If I choose to film in a public location, this is not as much as a problem as I have conducted extensive research and I am aware that it is not illegal to film people in public places in the UK, however it could potentially be illegal depending on the nature and how I am filming them. I will avoid this problem because although there may be members of the public in the promo, they will be very far in the background and therefore will not be able to be recognised, so we are not breaking any laws.

Furthermore, I have also considered whether we are breaking any Copyright infringement laws with our audio visual promo, we have to ensure that our promo is an original piece of work that is not a copy of somebody else. To add to this, I have thought about which music will be a part of our audio visual promo, if we play music that is copyrighted then it will cause issues, therefore I will deliberately choose a royalty free song that still matches the atmosphere of our audio visual promo to create an effective, entertaining promo that does not break any copyright laws.

Ethical and Moral Issues

Not only do I have to consider legal issues, I also have to think about moral and ethical issues and the impact they could have on my audio visual promo in the pre-production, production and post-production stages. The most prominent ethical issue is a part of the production (recording) stage of my audio visual promo: privacy. I previously mentioned privacy as a legal issue however it is also an ethical issue, this is because it is morally wrong to record someone without their permission. Although it is legal to film people in public places, it is morally wrong if I do not ask for permission or if I am filming them up close with the camera. To avoid this moral issue, I am not going to film anybody up close except the actors who are a part of my group. As the designated cameraman, I have control over who I am filming therefore I can ensure that no members of public are close to the camera. Any members of public on film will be in the background and very far away so that they are undistinguishable. Although I do not plan to record any members of public up close, if this did happen, I would ask for permission to avoid any moral issues.  


Bibliography 

 Wikipedia Contributors. “Copyright.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 7 Feb. 2019, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 15 D1: Compare and Contrast Approaches

P1: Describe the different radio industry operations

P1 - CDM